Chemical Technologies for Security and Defence
Professional field: 5.1 “Chemical Technologies”
Field of higher education: 5 "Technical Sciences"
The doctoral program "Chemical technologies for security and defence" provides conditions for acquiring the necessary knowledge, skills and professional competencies for the development and successful defence of a dissertation. The training is carried out in a regular and independent form of training lasting up to three years, and in part-time and by distance form of training lasting up to four years. Those who successfully defend their dissertations acquire the educational and scientific degree of "Doctor" in "Chemical technologies for security and defence".
Objectives of the doctoral program
• To train highly qualified specialists in the field of chemical technologies related to security and defence, with experience in carrying out independent scientific, research and teaching activities.
• To expand and deepen the general and professional competence of doctoral students in the field of chemical technologies related to security and defence.
• To gain methodological experience in analyzing the results of scientific research and in preparing and substantiating recommendations related to the methodology for construction, improvement and specifics of the functioning of chemical technological solutions related to security and defence.
• Development of models and algorithms for synthesizing optimal solutions for designing new and modernizing existing chemical technological solutions related to security and defence.
• Research of the possibilities and perspectives for use of the modern information systems on chemical technologies applicable for solving various tasks, both in the military and in the civilian field.
• Deepening the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to carry out independent scientific, research and teaching activities.
• Acquisition of skills and competencies for analyzing priority theoretical and practical problems in the field of chemical technologies related to security and defence.
• Mastering the methodology for planning and organizing scientific research and for presenting the achieved results to the scientific national and international community.
Scope of the doctoral program
The program covers an interdisciplinary scientific field located on the border between: inorganic, organic and analytical chemistry, chemical analysis, modeling of chemical processes and computational chemistry, nanotechnology, environmental monitoring and analysis, composite materials, information systems, informatics and computer science. It is characterized by in-depth knowledge of explosive technologies, materials science, chemical technology, information systems, informatics and computer science. Uses the achievements of modern information technology for engineering calculations. It has a specific practical focus on security and defence.
This program allows for educational activities in the following research areas:
• inorganic and organic chemical technologies;
• production of materials;
• polymeric materials;
• modeling and simulations of chemical processes;
• research and visualization of the operation of new composite materials subjected to alternating loads, both in means of destruction and ballistic protection;
The successfully graduated doctoral student:
• possesses and uses specialized and systematized knowledge to perform critical analysis and to synthesize new ideas;
• has knowledge and abilities to use scientific approaches to describe and build models of chemical technologies applicable in the field of security and defence;
• masters the methods of research in the field of chemical technologies related to security and defence;
• has the ability to develop and enrich existing knowledge, as well as its interactions with border scientific fields;
• has knowledge of the highest degree of complexity and conducts original research;
• presents knowledge and understanding at the highest level not only in the field of chemical technology, informatics and computer science, but also in related scientific fields;
• has the skills to create and lead teams and teams, to allocate time and manage human resources, to solve complex problems through new technological methods and tools;
• has the skills to solve and overcome critical problems in the field of research and / or innovation, to improve standard models and approaches, to develop innovative solutions by combining various original strategies and technologies.
Graduates of the doctoral program in "Chemical technologies for security and defence" are specialists who are able to carry out independent research and innovative teaching activities in universities and research organizations in the field of chemical technology. They can participate in procedures for growth in degree and habilitation procedures. Specialists with the degree of "Doctor" in the scientific specialty "Chemical technologies for security and defence" are wanted and valued in a number of areas of public life.