Professional field: 5.5 "Transport, Navigation and Aviation"
Field of higher education: 5 "Technical Sciences"
The doctoral program "Design and construction of automatic and piloted aircraft" ensures the implementation of educational activities in the third degree ("doctoral") of higher education and creates conditions for acquiring the necessary knowledge, skills and professional competencies to develop and successfully defend a dissertation. . The training is carried out in a regular and independent form of training with a duration of up to three years, and in part-time and distance form of training with a duration of up to four years. Those who successfully defend their dissertations acquire the educational and scientific degree "Doctor" in "Design and construction of automatic and piloted aircraft".
Objectives of the doctoral program:
• To train highly qualified specialists and scientists in the field of design and construction of aircraft with automatic control or piloted by people with experience in carrying out independent scientific, research and teaching activities.
• To expand and deepen the general and professional competence of doctoral students in the field of design and construction of automatic and manned aircraft.
• To develop models and algorithms for synthesizing optimal solutions based on test results in aircraft design.
• Deepening the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to carry out independent scientific, research and teaching activities.
• In-depth mastery of scientific terminology and methodological principles of research in the field of design and construction of aircraft.
• Mastering the methodology for planning and organizing scientific research and for presenting the achieved results to the scientific national and international community.
Scope of the doctoral program:
The program has a multi and interdisciplinary nature. It is characterized by in-depth knowledge of the basic, engineering and applied sciences related to aviation, electronics, materials science, radio navigation and others. It has a specific practical focus on security and defence.
This program enables educational activities in the following research areas:
• research of different methods for design and construction of automatic and piloted aircraft;
• research and construction of various models and prototypes of automatic and manned aircraft;
• performing experimental research and modeling of automatic and manned aircraft related to defence.
The successfully graduated doctoral student:
• possesses and uses specialized and systematized knowledge to perform critical analysis and to synthesize new ideas;
• has knowledge and skills to use scientific approaches to describe and build models of automatic and manned aircraft;
• has acquired theoretical and practical knowledge about the dynamics, ballistics and flight control of aircraft;
• masters the methods of research in the field of design and construction of automatic and manned aircraft;
• presents knowledge and understanding at the highest level not only in the field of aviation systems and technologies, but also in related scientific fields;
• creates and interprets new knowledge through own research or other scientific activity;
• has the ability to compose, design, implement and adapt a modern research process with scientific stability;
• shows capacity for systematic acquisition and understanding of a significant amount of knowledge from the latest scientific achievements or from the field of professional practice.
Graduates of the doctoral program in "Design and construction of automatic and piloted aircraft" are specialists who are able to carry out independent research and innovative teaching activities in universities and research organizations in the field of engineering and aviation technology. They can participate in procedures for growth in degree and habilitation procedures. Specialists with a scientific degree "Doctor" in the scientific specialty "Design and construction of automatic and piloted aircraft" are wanted and valued in the fields of engineering and aviation technology, ballistics, aircraft flight control and others.